Sunday 14 July 2013

My weekly shopping list #1

Hello!
 
 
A few people have been asking for nutrition plans but I'm not qualified to give each of you a specific meal plan... yet!!
 
Until I am, I thought I would share with you the sort of meals I have. I'm not saying these are the healthiest options and I'm not suggesting they contain everything you'll need but it's a start and I'm still learning about all this myself :]
 
I will write the ingredients for what I have for each meal and if you like the sound of it, you can jot it down and away you go.
If you would like to see recipes for any of these, then please let me know and I will do them as this is what I eat all of the time.
 
Breakfast
 
For breakfast, I usually have porridge or yogurt with fruit because it's all I can face first thing in the morning. I occasionally have protein pancakes if I've pushed it at the gym that morning.
 
Porridge - Flahavan's jumbo oats, low-fat Greek yogurt, honey or sweet freedom, banana & cinnamon
Yogurt & fruit - Low-fat Greek/natural yogurt, banana, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and pineapple with a sprinkle of dessicated coconut.
Protein pancakes - whey powder, flour, low-fat Greek yogurt, egg white, baking powder, sweet freedom, pineapple and cinnamon.
 
Any of these three combinations are usually washed down with a regular instant coffee either black or with light soya milk.
 
Lunch
Lunch is usually the same thing for me as it's quick and easy to put together plus it's super filling. The only thing that changes is the meat.
 
Serious salad - Little gem lettuce, spinach, cherry tomatoes, yellow/red pepper, low-fat feta cheese, cucumber, avacardo, cashews (toasted), steak/chicken/tuna/mackerel, soy sauce and extra virgin olive oil.
 
I usually have a small amount of everything, as it helps towards my 5 a day and also gives me all the nutrients I think I need.
 
Dinner
 
This is going to be a little trickier, so I'm going to plan 7 meals that I would usually have.
 
Asain Salmon/trout - Salmon/trout, red chilli, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lemon peel and juice, brown rice, egg, green beans and mangetout.
Chorizo/chicken in lentil sauce - Chorizo/chicken breast, red split lentils, onion, olive/coconut oil, garlic puree, tomato puree, tin of chopped tomatoes, dried herbs and mushrooms. Optional: garlic bread.
Chicken thai curry - thai curry paste, low-fat coconut milk/low-fat nutural yogurt/soya milk, chicken breast, mushrooms, green beans, aubergine, spinach. Optional: naan  bread/brown rice.
Oriental prawn broth - fish stock, rice wine, soy sauce, ginger, mushrooms, green beans, raw king prawns, frozen asain vegetables, fine wholewheat/gluten-free noodles. Optional: water chesnuts or bamboo shoots.
Oaty prawn gratin - raw king prawns, raw squid, Flahavan's jumbo oats (gluten-free optional), low-fat/lacto cheese, dried mixed herbs, tin of chopped tomatoes, spinach and green vegetables.
Steak & eggs - Lean steak (sirloin/fillet), eggs, white vinegar, corn on the cob and flat mushrooms. Optional: low-fat cheese.
Fajitas - chicken breast, paprika, cayenne pepper, worcestershire sauce, pepper, olive/coconut oil, red/yellow pepper, mushrooms, onion, avacardo, weight watchers wraps (or alternative), low-fat natural/Greek yogurt, tomato salsa, low-fat feta/chedder cheese, jalepenos and lettuce.
 
Desserts
I do love dessert but again, each night it is usually the same.
 
Banana and pineapple with cinnamon - banana, pineapple, soya vanilla yogurt, cinnamon and pecans.
Yogurt & fruit - Low-far Greek/natural yogurt with either berries, banana, pineapple or kiwi.
Protein mug cake - see ingredients here!
 
Snacks
 
I don't really snack on a lot but if I decide to then I will buy...
Fruit - bananas, berries, kiwis, pineapple or melon.
Nuts - almonds, pecans, cashews or hazelnuts.
Cereal bars - tracker bars or anything else low calorie/low sugar/fat.
 
I'm not sure I like the layout of this so please let me know your feedback and I will take note of my meals and update you.
Note: I really don't want to write out plans day to day because life gets in the way and doesn't always allow you to cook what you're told.
 
Just use these ideas to create your own weekly food plan and shopping list.  
 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment