Wednesday 3 July 2013

Skinny recipe #12 Chocolate protein mug cake

Hello!
 
 
 
Ohhhhhhh boy. I wish I could have finished this because it was so tasty but there was just too much for little me. I think I had eyes bigger than belly syndrome.
 
Anyway :] this is a great dessert/treat to have, especially after a busy day of exercise!
 
Here's how you make it...
Serves one very hungry person or two snacky people
 
 
You will need:
3 tbsp whey protein powder (I used chocolate but vanilla would be nice as well)
1 tbsp flour (ideally oat but I only had plain)
1 tbsp cocoa powder - unsweetened
1 tsbp low fat greek yogurt
3 tsbp egg white (this equals approx. 2 eggs)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Optional: vanilla extract, coconut, chocolate chips, peanut butter etc.
 
Note: Although these cakes were very tasty, they were a little dry/dense. I'd recommend playing around with the amount of yogurt. Perhaps add a little more or add a dash of milk to thin the mixture.
 
Method:
 

 
Add all of the ingredients to a LARGE mug and mix well.
 
 
Pop the mixture into a microwave for 1-2 minutes.
 
 
Insert a knife or cocktail stick into the centre to make sure it's cooked all the way through.
Empty out onto a plate.
 
 
Slice (because it's way too hard to eat as it is) and cover in your topping of choice.
I decided on low fat greek yogurt, sweet freedom and a few pecans.
I AM SO FULL OF CAKE >.<
 
My husband decided to slice his up and spread on Nutella :]
 
 
It's a pretty tasty treat, just needs to be a little softer but it's still worth making. The toppings choices are endless as well, especially if you use a spread on them - a nut butter would work really well or berries!
 
Let me know what you decide to make
x


No comments:

Post a Comment