Tuesday 16 July 2013

Skinny recipe #15 Dairy-free iced coffee!

Hello!
 
 
The UK has finally seen some warm boiling weather this weekend and for us coffee addicts, it means we have to think of slightly cooler ways to get our caffeine fix.
 
As I have recently given up milk, I thought I'd try making an iced soya latte.
It wasn't as creamy as a regular iced latte but it still tasted the same and I knew it wouldn't make me feel horrible afterwards.
 
It's so so simple but I wanted to share it all with you :]
 
Serves 1
(large glass)
 
You will need:
  • 2 tsp instant coffee
  • 1/2 cup of just boiled water
  • 1 cup of ice (1/2 cup spare just in case)
  • 1/2 glass of soya milk (measure it in the glass you wish to drink from)
  • Optional: Any chocolate dusting or syrup you like.
 
Method:
  • Add the ice to a blender, reserving a couple for your finished drink
  • Mix the instant coffee with your just boiled water, stir to dissolve and then add to the blender with the ice
  • Blend under all the ice has been crushed
  • Check to see whether the coffee is now cool. If not, you may need to add a little more ice from your 1/2 cup spare
  • Once the coffee is cool enough, add in the 1/2 glass of soya milk and blend again
  • Once blended, pour into your glass and add the remaining ice!
 
See, simple!
 
I hope you all give it a try and enjoy the summer weather we're having :]
x


2 comments:

  1. I like coffee very much. I love to drink cold coffee in the summer. Coffee is good for fat burning.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my coffee! A friend today gave me the idea to add whey into it as well after a workout, so that's my next one to try!

      Delete